Saturday, December 11, 2010

Believing

A family that is really close to me is going through the biggest nightmare of their lives. Their 4 year old son is battling a rare type of cancer and modern medicine is giving them little hope for recovery. I am STANDING with them and BELIEVING that God will perform a miracle in this little boy. I have been awakened several times throughout the night in the past week by God as a prompt to be praying for this boy and his family. Last night I sat in brokenness on my bed in prayer to God for this family. As I prayed Matthew 11:27-29 (Come to me all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light), I felt the burden I had been carrying lift off my shoulders. I asked God to take my yoke and for me to take His, and just as quickly as the words came out of my mouth, the burden was lifted. I want to fix this situation, to take away the pain that this family is feeling, but it's not up to me. I can't physically do that. What I can do is give it to God. I can petition Him for healing for this boy and wait for Him to act. I put my HOPE in Him. I put my TRUST in Him. That is all I can do.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Erin! Love this post - you are so right that we can't carry what doesn't belong to us, but the good news is that God is big enough to shoulder the load, for us and for those we love. Good insight...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came from Robin's blog! I would love to read more of your writings, keep them coming. It is exactly what I need right now!

    ReplyDelete